In many cases, there is a fine line between regular consumption of drugs, drug abuse and addiction. If you or a loved one have a family history of drug consumption, had traumatic experiences in childhood, suffer from depression and anxiety, or using drugs earlier, they might be at a risk of suffering from addiction. You should consult a specialist who would help you overcome from this situation. You can also search for drug rehab centers via https://www.kenseeleyrehab.com/ to get over from this severe addiction.
The signs and symptoms of drug abuse and alcohol addiction
- You've built a tolerance to medication and the need to use more of the drug for the same effects you used to achieve with smaller amounts.
- You take medicine to prevent or relieve withdrawal symptoms and if you go too long without a drug, you experience symptoms such as nausea, restlessness, insomnia, depression, sweating, shakiness, and anxiety .
- You have lost control over your use of a drug. You often use drugs or more than expected, even if you stop using, you feel helpless.
- You spend most of your time with and thinking about drugs, how to get them, and recovery from the effects of the drug.
- You have forsaken the activities you used to love as a hobby, sport and socializing, because of the use of a drug.
- You continue to use a drug, knowing that hurts you causing major problems in your life such as experience, frequent blackouts infections, mood swings, depression, paranoia but you continue to use anyway.